Terms and Conditions
The Client: The recipient of the service and name listed on the booking form
Makeup Artist: Emily Blackman
The Agreement: The contract that exists between the client and the makeup artist for the agreed fee
The fee: The amount payable by the client to the makeup artist for the services listed above
The event: Relates in principle to the date whereby the event (i.e the wedding) takes place
The party: Additional members of the bridal party
• You will be required to give Emily Blackman Make Up Artist your full contact details including mobile number and e-mail address. Please note this will be kept in a secure and safe place and never shared with anyone, however we may contact you after your event to get feedback.
Securing the booking of the event
• The booking of the event is only reserved once the client has paid a non-refundable deposit of £70 to the makeup artist.
• The deposit is required to secure the event and goes against the cost of your bridal trial.
• Arranging a trial does not reserve the makeup artist’s services for the event if you have not paid the £70 deposit.
• Your Bridal trial is £70 (this is paid for with your £70 non refundable deposit) most make up trials are completed within 2 hours.
• All trials will take place at Emily Blackman Make Up Artists Studio unless otherwise agreed at booking.
• Extra trials for bridesmaids are £60,Mother of the brides/groom are charged at £50, this is payable on the trial day.
• You must inform the make up artist if you don’t wish to proceed with the booking within 24 hours of having the trial, if not the full agreed fee is payable.
• Payments can be made in cash or via bank transfer, cheques will not be accepted.
• The non-refundable deposit of £70 paid by the client is taken as the cost of the trial.
• Half of the full fee is due within 24 hours of the trial and the remaining half is due by the date of the wedding.
Responsibility of the client
• The client shall inform the makeup artist of any issues that may affect the use of any products. This includes but is not limited to sensitivities, allergies and medical conditions. The makeup artist cannot be held liable for any losses or damage that is incurred due to the client’s failure to inform the artist of any known condition
• The makeup artist reserves the right to refuse service to the client or members the party for, but not limited to, abusive and threatening behaviour.
• If the booking has to be cancelled by circumstances beyond the control of the makeup artist every possible endeavor to rectify such
situations will be made, and any monies paid refunded however no compensation will be offered on the makeup artist’s part. The client is strongly advised to take out wedding insurance to cover
against such situations.
• If you wish to cancel your booking before your trial you can do so at any time in writing, however no deposits will be returned to you. After your wedding trial takes place you must inform the make up artist if you don’t wish to proceed within 24 hours of the trial happening, if not the full agreed fee is payable.
• Exclusivity is not guaranteed for the whole day of the event, therefore timings will be seriously considered when agreeing to any booking
• It is unlikely that there will be another event on the day; and any second event undertaken by the makeup artist will not affect the first event.
• The client will cover any necessary travel expenses of the makeup artist as agreed at time of booking
• This is to include, should it be required, congestion charging and parking charges.